Do you want to study or work in The United States of America? As an undergraduate student, postgraduate student or professional, you are eligible to tap from this rare opportunity offered by The united States Embassy to Africans who meet their eligibility criteria. Trust me, this is worth trying and the application is online for free.
About the Award: United States Embassy Awards, a cornerstone of the US Government’s development
assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional
development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the
workplace, US Embassy Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at: United States Universities.
Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Eligibility: Varies by country (see link below for specific country eligibility criteria)
- You must be at least 18 and not more than 40 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience
must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type
(e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference
will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at
least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Target Group
- You are a national of an African country. See country list below
- You are an early or mid-career professional working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non Government Organization (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You wish to undertake an undergraduate program or Masters degree in USA in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You have a clear vision for how you will use the knowledge gained through the Masters degree to
improve policy, practice or education in the proposed field of study.
- Gender Equality: USA Embassy Awards target equal participation by women and men. Applications from
women are strongly encouraged, and mechanisms are in place to support women applicants and
- Disability Inclusion: USA Embassy Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal
opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship. Applications from people with a disability are
strongly encouraged. Mechanisms are in place to support applicants and Awardees requiring specific
Number of Scholarships: Up to 10,000
Value of Scholarships: This is a Full government sponsored scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
Select your country of origin. Follow the specific instruction on the page.
Sponsors: US Embassy Awards in Africa, an initiative of the United States Government.